Monday, January 7, 2008

Greetings from construction central

The rhythmic pounding of the pile driver outside my office window on Main Street starts a new week here at Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory. I have been hanging out here at NWREL since February 2000, the last four years as the Training and Development manager - the first four with the National Mentoring Center (a program of NWREL) as a training and technical assistance advisor. There are about 185 employees at NWREL, our mission is to improve educational results for children, youth, and adults by providing research and development assistance in delivering equitable, high-quality educational programs.
Many other fun experiences in my professional life including three years in upstate New York in Ithaca while on the faculty at Cornell University and work with several nonprofit agencies over the years. In 2002, I went back to college after several years out and completed my doctorate in education in 2005 at Oregon State University. In my free time I volunteer for ASTD, garden, read, hang out with my family and pets, and take long walks at the beach. Looking forward to getting to know you in this learning community. Vikki

No comments: