Monday, January 7, 2008

Hello Everyone!


I am the Technology and Learning Coordinator for Educational Service District 112 in Vancouver, Washington. I work with teachers to train them on how to use technology effectively in the classroom. I am also in charge of working with our Sustainable Classroom and Microsoft Peer Coaching projects. Before coming to the ESD last summer, I was a 4th grade teacher for six years. I also taught 8th grade math for half a year after the teacher was demoted to premanent substitute. I have a BA in Child Development and an MA in Educational Technology.

Though I completed my masters program entirely online, this is only my second PSU class, having taken the eLearning Essentials class last quarter. One of the goals of the EdTech department at my ESD is to take an active interest in online learning, so we can better help our 31 school districts in that area. In November I attended the Virtual Schools Symposium in Louisville, Kentucky for that reason. I am lucky in that as these classes are part of my work responisbilities, I am given the flexibility to complete course work during work hours.

My husband is a stay-at-home dad who also works as a comic book illustrator when he has time. We have two sons, one toddler and one 2nd grader.
I look forward to working with all of you during this class. I see a couple of familiar names already...

Tanna Colwell

No comments: