My name is Katie. I live in Portland Oregon. I am currently working towards my masters in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. I also am a TA at PCC, where I work four nights a week with ESL students. Last term, we created a wiki and it inspired me to learn more about e-learning systems. Feel free to see what my class has done so far. It is a work in progress www.inspireenglish.pbwiki.com I would like to start an interactive, engaging course that can be used in our weekly three-hour computer lab sessions and by other English learners around the world.
Outside of school and teaching, I am an avid crafter. I bind my own notebooks and do calligraphy. I hope some of my artistic nature will benefit my e-learning system. I am a little nervous about creating such a big project, but I know it will be great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Katie,
I went to your ELL page. Great start. Will this be part of your project? I liked the English verb instruction. It was a great insight to let your students add their favorite videos.
Kim
Post a Comment