Monday, January 7, 2008

Hi!


My name is Steve Beining, and I'm becoming an enthusiastic online educator. I'm learning more about distance learning everyday. This class will get me to a new level of understanding, I'm sure.

While my pursuits into distance ed. are recent, I am not new to educational technology. I've been the technology coordinator for the Gresham-Barlow School District for nine years, a district and high school tech specialist (in Woodburn) for a few more, and an English teacher, too. Sixteen years as an educator, eight of those years as an administrator! I'm involved in educational technology at many levels in GBSD. I oversee the technology services dept., work with the principals and instructional leaders, design and lead staff development activities for teachers, plus much more.

I am pursuing my Ed.D. from PSU, and am in my second year of the program. I'm in the "research sequence" of courses and learning about qualitative research methods this term. I hope to finish by 2010. I very interested in blended learning as an option for high schoolers.

I am interested in collaborating with all of you. I look forward to our online work together :-)

1 comment:

MrsK said...

Hi Steve,

My family roots are in Mt Angel and Silverton..so in some ways we have a connection.

Nine years of educational tech, you know the ins and outs of district holding. I get a bit over passionate about school districts lagging behind the norm for tech support and learning. Let me know what I can do for my staff and students as a Librarian...they are barely posting online as of this year.

Excited to learn some new ideas that working for you...
KIM